Monday, November 28, 2011

29 weeks: A Kitten Shower

Annie and Jody threw me a shower. I was adamant that I didn't want an overly formal shower or one where boys weren't "allowed". My favourite part of the showers that I've been to has always, always the part where everyone pigged out on lots of FOOD.

So they delivered and there was a ton of delicious food (latkes, sandwiches, veggies and dip, chips and dip, brownies, lemon bars, cupcakes, cookies, coffee, punch, beer....) Ange's Mom brought an amazing chocolatey cake that's still feeding us today. We had chocolate and marble cupcakes and pink or green buttercream (everything from scratch!) for the cupcake decorating station and they also set up a "Onesie" decorating station for everyone to design an outfit for baby. Miss Kittenheart is going to be a well-dressed little kitten baby! Thank you a million times to Auntie Annie and Auntie Jody for putting together the perfect party!

It was an amazing day! Friends and Family all in one place... It was amazing and fantastically touching that so many people made the effort to come. Everyone is so supportive and excited and we're very well-stocked on kittengear due to their generosity. It was more than anything I ever expected the day to be. I normally find the phrase "touched" to be a bit vague and contrived.... but I realized that this was what it feels like to be "touched". A million thanks to all our Friends and Fam. For being awesome to us and for appreciating my "Pigs n' Turds" plate instead of being weirded out by my gross-out humour.











Bean is also still going strong with her uncharacteristically high level of affection towards me. This is her lying on my chest this morning when I woke up. Now that the Kittenheart is super active, Bean's been more attentive to the belly than ever. It's adorable and totally bizarro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!