Sunday, September 9, 2012

Baking

I've never been particularly good at baking, but I've always enjoyed it.  I think the fact that I grew up watching my Mom be an awesome  highly trained Pastry chef has rubbed off on me...  So I can often "expertiment" and follow recipes loosely (or not at all) and still have sueess.  Like I've mentioned before, I have fun with my baking experiments at night sometimes after Rowen goes to bed.  EATING the end result is definitely my favourite part though.  I haaate cleaning up afterwards.

This past week, I made some mini cheesecakes.  Some had oreo crusts and some had chocolate chip cookie crust.  I also improvised the caramel sauce.  


Lowell bought some "Pirate cupcake" liners and flags, so these caramel pool cheesecakes became known as Pirate Cheesecakes.

The week before, I also made another peach cobbler.  Lowell and I have been buying lots of peaches this summer.  I've been working on inventing my special almond-y cobbler top.



A good summer for pretty peaches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!