I haven't subscribed to an particular "method" of introducing foods. Obviously I've stayed away from the "no nos" and she does not have any salt, sugar or oily/greasy/artificial foods. We try to make sure almost all of her foods are organically sourced. I have a couple of books as resources and then mostly we've just been letting Rowen eat what we eat, minus seasonings and then pureed (I wasn't comfortable with just letting her eat everything we eat, ala baby led weaning). The surprising result of this has also been the fact that I'm eating more vegetables. But alas, I am still probably eating too many doughnuts and cupcakes every day. Bahaha!
So far, Rowen's clear favourites are:
- sweet potatoes (technically yams too, she likes both)
- dried apricots (unsulphured of course)
- salmon (poached with apples, onions, carrots and pureed)
- rice rusk cookies or plain rice crackers
Rowen also enjoys eating:
- purple hawaiian sweet potatoes
- chicken (usually pureed with squash or sweet potato)
- plain greek yogurt mixed with fruit puree
She will willingly eat but is clearly indifferent to:
Rowen does not like:
- that's it for this list.
Technically zucchini is a brand new introduction, so who knows if she might wind up liking it. And technically I think she liked the lemon, but I felt bad letting her eat it after watching babies eat lemons on YouTube. Broccoli was surprising because I kinda hate broccoli but now that Rowen is around and enjoying it, I've probably had more of it in the past month than I have in the past 10 years!